5 Ways to Keep Your Home Fitness Equipment Well-Maintained
There are many reasons why people decide to build a gym at home instead of going to the local fitness centre to work out. Some of them prefer the privacy. Others don’t like sharing equipment with other people, while some simply want the convenience of working out whenever they want. Whatever your reason for building a home gym, it’s important that you keep your equipment in great shape. After all, you paid a lot for them. Here are some ways to maintain your home fitness equipment:
· Maintain the right temperature - Most commercial gyms keep their temperature at around 18 to 20 degrees Celsius and retain the humidity at 40 to 60 percent. The proper environment will prevent moisture build up on your equipment and possible eventual corrosion and damage.
· Keep them clean - Be sure to frequently wipe your equipment’s frames and upholstery, especially if you sweat a lot. This is not only important for hygienic purposes but also for machine upkeep. Vacuum surfaces and surrounding areas, but double check for plugged machines to prevent accidents. Lastly, lubricate chains and hinges to prevent them from jamming during a workout.
· Use the right cleansers -More than just alcohol and steel brushes, gym machines should be cleansed using mild solutions to prevent damage and staining. For upholsteries, a combination of liquid dishwashing soap and warm water is recommended. Meanwhile for frames, you should use car wash soap mixed with water. Lastly, apply a layer of car wax onto tubes to prevent corrosion.
· Inspect them regularly - Closely and meticulously examine your machines on a weekly basis. Double check the frames, belts, springs, electrical systems, cables, handles, grips and bolts. Test them to ensure they are still working fine.
· Replace or repair as necessary - If after your weekly assessment, you find that there are missing pieces, cracks or damages then have them repaired or replaced. Buy equipment from a shop that offers a warranty of 6 months to 1 year (depending on what you are buying). It also makes sense to hire professionals every once in a while to check your home fitness equipment and fix them if necessary, to prevent future problems.Know more ways to maintained Your Home & commercial Fitness Equipment